ELPRO technologies have been a key contributor to Australia’s flood warning systems for over 25 years with its ALERT and ALERT2 products, supplying them to regional councils and state water authorities. They have recently built upon this with an agreement to supply to the Bureau of Meteorology.
As the exclusive supplier to the Bureau of Meteorology (BoM), regional councils and state water authorities, we have supplied thousands of installations across Australia and internationally. The ELPRO ALERT platform provides reliable, secure and flexible flood warning and disaster management communications during extreme weather events. The ELPRO ALERT hardware is the backbone for over 10 000 Bureau of Meteorology sites across the nation providing real-time data from remote rainfall and river stations.
- ALERT = Automated Local Evaluation in Real Time
- Robust & reliable Australian technology by ELPRO Technologies
- Solar powered & secure VHF radio / cellular / satellite communications
- Rainfall, river and environmental monitoring stations
- Repeaters, base stations, decoders and associated system hardware